Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Professional Patient

That's what I feel like sometimes. A professional patient. Today was a regular check up with my Doctor of 25 years. She wanted to get a full blood draw for all of the regular items like cholesterol, iron etc. This happens to always be a 50/50 shot that we will score some of the red stuff. Today was no different. The nurse who usually scores tried two times. (both on my hands) and the second nurse tried both arms with barely a drop trickling out. This is when I usually say, "oh, it's ok, I'm used to it." And when I hear these words come out of my mouth every year, I think of the many other patients in this world who are dealing with way worse than myself. There are so many patient warriors out there who make me realize the many blessings and quality of life that I have! I will take my field trip to St.John's Hospital's lab for the blood draw and it will be all over for another year. I am certain that the state of the art vein locator will be readily available for me when I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment