Monday, June 13, 2016

The nurse in high heels.

Doesn't this sound like the title of a kooky novel? It's true. I have a "newish" nurse for me who wears high heels every time I see her! At first they were 5 inch heeled clogs. Lately they are of the strappy variety. I find myself curious each time she comes so I can check out the latest pair. She has told me that she is 5'2" and has some insecurities about that. "well, I'm so short!" And most of us would probably say, you're not that short! Or, so what? but to this shorter nurse she obviously feels the need to be taller. She is about my age, early 50's and is very helpful, happy and a little quirky. She brings her own coffee. LOTS of coffee. She always has her little pressed coffee pot with her. And revs. that thing up about 4 times in a 12 hour shift! And will always ask me if I drink or want coffee. It's always humorous when we walk my dog Brody together too. She is clip clopping along and usually asks "how far are we going?" she cracks me up. Just had to share a little bit of nurse humor this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment