Thursday, June 16, 2016

Mammogram, Shmammogram

Yes, it was about that time. I was due. It had been about 3 years since my last one. The few that I had had before the last one were not too good nor too bad. I mean nothing detected so that's good. It always takes a little bit longer with me because I can't just stand and snuggle up to the monsterish looking machine. We have to literally push me into it like I'm back in elementary school and being shoved into some dorky guy I have a crush on! So the reason why I was hesitant today to go back to the monster was because with my last mammogram the skin under both of my lady parts ripped. Yes, I said ripped! And the pain from that was so horrible that I left the office in tears. And my nurse left with me in a traumatized state as well. So today, we went to a special women's radiology clinic and I found that the atmosphere was trying really hard to give off a spa type feeling. The cozy, little well decorated dressing rooms, coffee and tea offered several times and these rather nice bright white waffley fabric robes were offered. Once dressed, we went into a secluded waiting room. It was not big that's for sure and in fact I had no where to go but smack dab in the middle of it. I could feel all eyes on me and was never so glad to hear my name called when it was time for me to go in. The tech. was nice and seemed a little challenged by my case. And after a little finagling and pushing and shoving, we got 2 of the 4 images that they take. She consulted with a Doc who relayed to me that I would be eligible to go to another facility for an ultra-sound exam. SO, that will happen whenever I feel reeeaaallly bored and desire a new medical experience, and probably not too soon. Anyhoo, thanks for checking in with me! I am loving summer every chance I get!

1 comment:

  1. Ok sounds good, you cracked me up with the really bored partπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜œπŸ’•

    ReplyDelete