Monday, June 6, 2016

Not a typical monday morning.

A new normal life? Believe me, I pride myself on being ready for anything. And it usually takes a lot to ruffle my feathers. The latest incident of feather ruffling occurred about two weeks ago when my regular monday/tuesday nurse announced to me that she didn't think she was responsible for the previous night's dishes. I almost thought I was hallucinating but soon realized that she was serious! This is a young nurse who has been taking several hours off to attend her prenatal visits and we have had to find replacements for her. ALso the nurse who will walk over things on the floor until I have to ask if she will pick them up. The nurse who not take any initiative for anything unless I asked her. SO I wasn't too surprised? And, I blew up at her and after about a year of her working for me and poof she was fired on the spot. This really shook me up. Can you tell? For everything that I have been through and continue to go through in my life, and you are going to be petty about a few dirty dishes???? I'm still shaken by it. I told her that we are a team here and help each other out with EVERYTHING. So this morning, a new monday/tuesday nurse shows up. I wasn't expecting to see her until the 12th of June, but oh well, come on in! A little awkward, but at least my son can have his day back. THEN, there was a domestic dispute happening across the hall yesterday afternoon and evening. My nurse was returning from dropping off the trash and said the neighbor woman was screaming and yelling in the hallway. This had been happening most of the afternoon until we finally decided to call the police. The young woman resident was yelling at him because he had broken her cell phone and she was yelling for him to GET OUT! I just emailed our resident manager to find out if the management is even made aware of this type of situation. SO, how has your morning been so far? Just breathe. So that's three happenings. I'm good now. No more please.

2 comments:

  1. Yikes Girlfriend!
    Sounds like a good dose of Vino and The Bachelorette will help with some stress relief!
    Holler if you want some company watching.
    You did the right thing with the nurse.
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. And all she had to do was LOAD a few dishes! ugh. My new one is asking me what else she can do! A keeper.
    And thx for your support!!!

    ReplyDelete