Monday, October 12, 2015

An Emotional Concert For Sure! You've Got a Friend - Carol King & James Taylor

This past saturday night, I ventured down to the St.Paul Ordway Theatre to see Broadway Songbook of the Seventies. There was an ensemble group of 6 singers and a small band accompanying them. I wanted to see the show especially for Erin Schwab who has been nick named the "Bette Midler" of our Twin Cities. I first heard of the show when she was Jason Matheson's Guest co-host a few weeks back when we were in his audience. The 70's show was quite a journey back to my youth. This song, in particular, gives me a memory snapshot of my family on one of our camping trips. I can literally remember singing along to this song in the back of our station wagon. Jame's Taylor's "Fire and Rain" is another one. While at this show, it was so hard to not sing along with the performers as the audience was so mellow, but I still really enjoyed it. My nurse Jen had never been to the Ordway, so I was glad that she really had a great time too and I could encourage her to keep broadway songs and performances as a new "like" for her. I feel really blessed to have songs like this that can trigger so many special times of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment