Sunday, October 4, 2015

I Am Easily Entertained I Guess.

"A Window Into Our Culture." There is a "Decades" channel that is on now which features several old shows from past decades. Yesterday I discovered a Binge being played of "Celebrity Bowling." Of course I googled the show and it ran on saturday afternoons from 1971-78 I think. So what I do while watching is pull up the various celebs. on Google. Sad to say that most are either in their eighties or deceased. Stars like; James Farrentino and then wife Michelle Lee. (James was married 4 times), also; Angie Dickinson, Earl Holliman her co-star from Police Woman(he never married), The Brady's were on, Ruth Buzzy, Rowen and Martin, Roy Rogers, Ernest Borgnine, Lloyd and Beau Bridges! so many. The stars of the 50's, 60's and 70's. I love seeing the fashions, watching the stars interact and appreciating a simpler time. The American Bowlers Assoc. sponsored the show to promote family fun! Can you imagine? These days the highest rated shows all have some kind of shock factor and grandstanding element. I mean "Naked and Afraid" to "Celebrity Bowling" ??? Doesn't mean that I don't watch them, but I can't get over the difference in entertainment styles from then and now. The prizes were watches, silverplate tea service sets, Samsonite luggage, Amana microwaves, Rice A Roni, refrigerator frost free freezers! Oh, I think I forgot a generous supply of Turtle Wax and Farrah slacks!!! This has been just sheer entertainment for me. And it wouldn't be half as fun without my friend Google, so it goes to show how everything old can be new again. (with the help of SOME technology.) I found a clip of the episode with the Brady's. Check it out below. I wonder what they received for participating in this show. Maybe cases of Rice a Roni!

No comments:

Post a Comment