Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Wheelchair Clinic

FINALLY, today I was able to complete another step towards reaching the goal of acquiring a new wheelchair. I had to wait 2 months for this appointment. God, it's a long process. I have seen my two Dr.s and now today 2 physical therapists at the Courage Kenny Rehab area in Unity Hospital. I assumed that the sales. rep. from my medical company would be there also, but they were not. This disappointed me as now I will need ONE more appointment with someone. I can have fun anywhere, so I consider these meetings to be "field trips" but now I'm reaching the "are we there yet?" stage. The two young women whom I met with today were very friendly and efficient. The only weird part of the inquisition was when I was asked, "what do you do?" That was kind of strange, but I found myself trying to make my life sound so much more interesting! They just sat there and nodded their heads. Then after the measuring of my limbs, my range of motion and cushion and footrest heights, it was time to go on my way. Now, I wait for contact from the sales rep. to order said chair and then the real waiting begins. It could take up to a year for my new hot wheels to arrive. I left the hospital with a sense of gratitude for not having just been released from a stay as a patient. If I could have skipped to the car I would have!

1 comment: