Saturday, August 22, 2015

Merrily We Roll Along!

First, an update on my leg injury. I am happy to report that it is definately getting better each day. This wednesday, it will be three weeks and has made me sooo aware at how fragile not only I am, but everyone around me! So, I've been trying to do the normal things that I do, but just in a "less is best" attitude, but still trying to push myself to get back to "normal.". I will go on the trail, but more supervised and not as far. It's been hard. On top of that, I realized that my trusty wheelchair needed to be serviced. I am dealing with a "loaner" for a few days and is quite challenging! It has the capability of "turning on a dime" which I don't understand. It is rear wheel driven and feels like I am wheeling around slippery scary ice! This is tough, when you are trying to avoid pain and stress!!! It took me an hour or so to get the basic feel of it and luckily, my old chair should be ready for me late tuesday afternoon. I am just trying to more than ever, take one day at a time. It's been hard though because I'm not usually a yeller. I find that I have been yelling whenever I am in pain or scared! Trying to go easy on myself, but find that I am feeling guilty at the same time. I have to stop and thank my "team" of helpers and supporters. Friends and family and my nurses have all made my recovery possible. Also my Reliable Medical Supply workers. They helped me as quickly as possible to get me back out there! Thanks for checking in. Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. You are the bravest! You are Colleen! You are amazing! We all love you! M & D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you two. I got thru it today with humor! The kids were all laughing at me and I just had to laugh along with them and realize that my chair will be back soon.

    ReplyDelete