Friday, August 28, 2015

The State Fair Experience

Yesterday, we went to the Minnesota State Fair. It was the first day. I thought since it was the 1st day, that it wouldn't be quite as busy? WRONG! I was even with some of my favorite people in the world, and it was hassle after hassle! There we were hanging out at a precious table near O'Gara's Bar when all of a sudden I was face to face with a huge rolling trash receptacle coming right towards me! One of the guys guiding the dumpster had let go of it. I yelled out, "hey guys!!!!" and boom! it crashed right into me! Of course on my left arm where my breathing tubing is located! It didn't hurt (too much) but time did seem to stop for a moment. My daughter screamed out and everyone was staring at me. That's when I knew it was starting to get really over crowded. It's the kind of crowded that is really hard to deal with! The Fair has become having to "deal with" everything; loooong lines,like 25 people long waiting in each food line, less parking,(they closed the St. Paul Campus lot that I used to be able to cruise into., we parked for free about a mile away, more grumpy people than ever, (and why do you go if you are in a bad mood?) I witnessed several people who would run with urgency to a bench or a curbside! When the Horticulture Building is even packed, you know that's it's going to be jam packed everywhere! The 2:00 pm daily parade caused so much congestion that it became grid locked. 5 people deep, it was next to impossible to see anything! I did manage to have a lot of fun and laughs with my youngest sister and my kids who later joined us. So all was not lost! When I started running low on battery charge, it was time to get the heck out of there! I want to thank my Nurse Jen, sister Jenny and my kids for helping me navigate, share laughs with and taking such good care of me! Update on my leg...it is so much better and I am greatly relieved. Thanks for checking in friends! Beware of the Fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment