Saturday, August 8, 2015

Just A Typical Wednesday With An Unwelcome Freak Accident

Last wednesday I was getting ready to take on the day when my skirt got stuck in my right wheelchair wheel causing the joy stick to be pushed down into 5 miles per hour force which pulled on my knee and upper leg so hard that by 4pm that day, I was cruising along in a very welcomed ambulance. My new van just happened to be in the shop for some undercoating rust protection. My leg is badly sprained and most likely some pulled tendons above the knee. Yes, the same knee and leg that still have hardware in them. I think this info. gave the x-ray techs. something to talk about on their break. ANYWAYS, there isn't much I can do for it but the usual wrap/brace, elevation when possible, Ibuprofen and some stronger stuff should I need it, or want to take a nap. Oh and the refreshing ice pack. The ice has really seemed to help and especially since it's been so hot and humid. Even though the pain is really intense when I transfer in and out of the chair, I have still been able to get out quite a bit. Trying to stay as "normal" as I can for now. Today, I had a really fun lunch at Old Chicago with Cal and Rachel. Last night Rachel and I played a few pull tabs and she pulled a hundred dollar win! So, we had free lunch which was very enjoyable. I guess I will always have highs and lows just like everyone else. And it could have always been worse! I ran into a friend of mine in my building and she has been given an eviction notice. That right there put my injury, though painful into perspective. She has many unstable things happening in her life. Sort of off topic, but I never know what or who I'm going to run into on my way in and out of the building. Have to be ready for anything. Ok. Deep breath. TIme for some healing sleep. Thanks for checking in and please take care. I have once again been reminded, "you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone."

No comments:

Post a Comment