Wednesday, July 29, 2015

New Found Freedom

A wonderful thing has happened! I have been blessed with a new mini van. This van is a 2006 Town and Country Accessible van. Last week I approached my Mother with the fact that the accessible van that I had been using for 12 years, was presenting severe brake problems and sticking lift issues. Then a couple of days later, She and my Dad found me a very nice van on Craigslist. They took care of everything! From the transferring of the title to insurance updating. I was able to drive up and surprise friends the other night. They have been through a lot with me and were so happy for me, as is my family. I have been having the most fun with it. My first major trip was down to Roseville and the van mobility center for a seat adjustment which allowed me for the 1st time in 12 years to ride securely in the front seat! I could operate my own window, be strapped in with safety tie downs and seat belt, and even operate the radio and feel like an adult again! I could actually see the road too! At one point I felt like I was in a sports car. Had to remind myself that I was in a mini van, but oh so loving it. I leave you with me feeling so happy and excited by the possibilities of shear freedom to go and do whatever trips my trigger! Nurse Jen was enjoying the ride also. A big relief all the way around. Thanks a million times, Mom and Dad. Love you. It's perfect.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you!!! Love the Van! You have the bestest parents!! :)
    Love ya!

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete