Monday, July 6, 2015

Smoke Is As Smoke Does. Creates Awful Air Situations.

The air quality in the Twin Cities has gotten so bad this afternoon that it's even worse than Beijing. Air pollution alert expanded to all of Minnesota because of fires in Canada The air quality has become worse across the state today - so bad that the MPCA says it's at levels that are "unhealthy for everyone." BRINGMETHENEWS.COM Early this afternoon, I started noticing and smelling the thick, foggy, stinky smoke. I assumed there was a fire nearby but hadn't heard any sirens. I then heard our native, and iconic Dave Dahl the weather man tell us that the heavy rains from last night and today have pushed the Canadian wildfire smoke down to the surface grounds. It is especially annoying for people like me who have compromised breathing. I opened the windows earlier in the day and had to close up again. I had ventured outside to check it out and came in very quickly. Didn't want the smoke to pollute my vent. If any of you are of Catholic descent, the smoke smell reminds me of the incense used on special occasions. Not a real pleasant smell. Hopefully, those Canadians affected by these wildfires are safe as they can be and for us, clearer air very soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment