Wednesday, July 1, 2015

It's Always Difficult, No Matter Who They Are.

I don't think I will ever be able to stop analyzing the whole process and lifestyle of marriage and divorce. Movie stars;Ben Affleck and Jen Garner are to soon be divorcing. In therapy for years and for what? He was just going thru the motions until he decided to ditch his promise and committment of marriage and move on to where he thinks his life will just magically go back to being a bachelor. Ten years of ups and downs, the rumors of him being a gambler and a cheater and her being a control freak and more of a "mother than a wife" have finally taken their toll on the marriage. Gee, guess which one wanted the divorce? The one being told she's too much of a "mother?" No, the one who is known to have said that he misses the "social Ben." His friends, the cheaters and gamblers miss him...wow. He asked her for the divorce. I would tell Ben that life is too short to be so selfish. (One of my old neighbors (yes, literally an old man) told me this when I was first in the throws of a bad divorce. Ben and Jen are said to be committed to being amicable throughout this hellish time. Well, they have to be for the children. Jen needs to love them more than she hates him. It's got to be 100 times more difficult to divorce in the public eye. I hope that Jen gets some peace and doesn't give up on the hope that she will be just fine on her own and I'm sure her family, friends and children will love her through this! At least she won't have to struggle with money issues. Ok Colleen, how do you really feel? I detest divorce. Rant over. Peace out.

2 comments:

  1. There are no answers but I do think there is always one partner that puts more effort into a marriage that will last. I can't imagine that a divorce is the answer to a marriage in crisis. But what do I know about it? Thanks, Colleen, Love! Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, what do we know? You have a successful marriage and I came from a bad one!!!lol

      Delete