Monday, June 8, 2015

It Tastes Like Tuna!

"That's because it is Tuna Mom." Over this past weekend, my daughter and I were running around together. Our first mission was to transport her box spring to her new place. We headed to Home Depot for Ratchet Straps. Got those, and Mack the man and his friends helped to secure it to the top of the roof of Big Blue...my van. It all went fine and we checked that mission off of our list. It was time for a rewarding lunch and she really wanted me to experience "real" Sushi. "Mom, it's a buffet, you can eat as much as you want and it's not just sushi. The restaurant is called Kyoto Sushi in Har Mar Mall. It was a surprise when I went in because it stands on my old favorite childhood place, "Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour." It is now dark inside and seems like you are on a trip to a big city like Chicago or New York. (Doesn't seem like Roseville, Mn) Having frequented the place several times before, my daughter knew just what to order. I thought it would be a regular buffet like Panda Buffet or Hope's but it was not. You simply tell your server what you would like to start with and then keep on ordering. The ones we tried were crab and tuna and they were really good! The atmosphere adds to the taste of the fresh food I think. I can see why the place is so popular, but don't think I'll be craving too much sushi the way most people do. It's a seaweed thing for me too. Well worth it for a completely different step out of my safety zone! SO, it was really fun and now I know what the fuss is all about with the new trend of eating lots of Sushi!

No comments:

Post a Comment