Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Hey Mambo!

It was last friday night. The plan was to pick up my daughter Cal from a work party in St.Paul and maybe hang out on a rooftop? We thought there could have been a warm and inviting breeze? No. It was dark, cold, UN-inviting. Honestly, I didn't have a good feeling about the evening. That's when it hit! "We are turning into the next place we see!" It happened to be the legendary restaurant and landmark, Mancini's! Not going to lie, I had always thought "yes, a must go to for steak." Time went on and on and I had literally forgotten about this joint. Okay, more of a traditional family Restoraunte. The old, Italian charm, the friday night band, the locals all dancing and living it up, the decore, the original disco booths. It was the best possible flashback to the "Goodfella's" or the "Soprano's." I wouldn't have been the least bit surprised if Paulie or Tony would have walked in. I cannot wait to go back with some more of our people! The house band is The Players and they were so professional, traditional and just plain entertaining. i would love to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment