Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Putting Things Into Perspective...Again.

Still dealing with staffing issues. I try to put these issues to the side, but they keep cramming their way into my daily life. Sometimes, I think that my helpers don't seem to think that helping me to take care of myself(as I like to put it) is a REAL job! And I feel a little bit taken advantage of. Then, just when I am having these thoughts for probably the millionth time in my life, I will come across a post on a Disabled and Chronically Ill page and see that someone definately is going thru WAAAAAY worse situations than me. A woman my age has recently posted that her cancer is active again and that the chemo. pill is so very expensive and her marriage is falling apart and she can't keep up with her children very well and the list goes on. When I read about people's stories of suffering and depression, I seem to be able to snap out of it real fast. Then I find myself reciting over and over again The Serenity Prayer. The Serenity Prayer... God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference. Living one day at a time; enjoying one moment at a time; accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; that I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him forever in the next. Amen. Read more at http://www.beliefnet.com/Prayers/Protestant/Addiction/Serenity-Prayer.aspx#B1dwP0yAXskRXm4q.99

No comments:

Post a Comment