Friday, January 16, 2015

Hug Break

It was back to helping out at school yesterday and at the second school, there is this little boy who will come up to me with open arms and give me the biggest hug. Usually, we are practically on display in front of several people, but yesterday we had a little moment when no one else was around. It was so sweet. We are practically strangers, yet he needs someone to hug and I never turn one down. We have a 20 second hug break and go on with our days. I am so lucky to have these moments with little kids. I know I have been cooped up because I was running flashcards with two little boys and me having been starved for some new conversation with people, kept asking them questions about their lives...and one boy said, " I can't concentrate." And he gave me the funniest look, like hey lady, are we gonna do cards, or what? So puzzled. I mean I was asking them if they like football and what do they think about players who get into trouble all of the time? I had to laugh and apologize. He was so serious. Yep, now that we're having a January thaw, I need to get out more! By the way, the consensus was "jail."

No comments:

Post a Comment