Saturday, December 6, 2014

They Will Be Blessed

Earlier this past week, I came to learn that there were two young women in our school district who committed suicide within two weeks of each other. I really don't know too many details and I have found that the intimate details of their lives don't mean too much at this point. One of the young women was a senior and a mentor in the mentor program like I am. She had such a bright future ahead of her is what I heard. It was chilling for me to learn that she was at the same party I was at just a few short weeks ago. I'm sure that their short lives have left many in our community with a renewed sense of what is important. And as I write this, with tears in my eyes, I wish you peace, love and acceptance on what is a new and fresh day for all of us! Please don't sweat the small stuff and remember those who are struggling and who have struggled and most likely fought a hard fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment