Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Whatever Gets You Through The Night...

Lately, it has been Christmas music, chex mix (homemade!) and Pino Grigio! These things have been getting me thru the 1st part of the night. I have also been reading The Andy Cohen Diaries and playing Words With Friends and cooking. Yes, the winter "nesting" has begun. Sometimes it is hard to be cooped up with a nurse in winter. I start to feel like I am being babysat. I know that most of them don't intend for me to feel this way, I just do. This is also the season that I get more nurses "calling in." Usually due to illness or weather, it can really throw me off to rely so heavily on people and then have to go off of my routine and it can be draining. Last weekend, the nurse I was expecting called in for BOTH of her daytime into evening shifts. My mom and I enjoyed some time together and also me and my kids. My son actually picked up some of the hours as my care assistant, so all was fine, just not "normal" for me or them or what I had been planning on for the weekend. I do have to thank once again for my kind and sweet mother. We had fun. I got the call on friday around 10 a.m. That my regular Nurse was not coming in either day. I do get that I am lucky to be as independent as I am! I read a lot of other blogs of disabled people who never seem to get out and they are really going winter time cuckoo. Yes, that is real thing! I still continue to blessed by having and enjoying a lot of freedom! Just seem to have a few more bumps in the road during winter...Icy ones at that! Thanks for checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment