Tuesday, November 4, 2014

A Torturous Bracelet?

I was in the check out line during my weekly visit to my local Target store when I noticed a cute bracelet on the cashier. At least I thought it was cute at the time. The bracelet was a basic band with jingle bells. These bells were medium sized and "jingled" with each movement of her hand. I told her that I thought the bracelet was "cute." She told me that she hadn't chosen it and that Target was making her wear it. That seemed very strange. I mean, the sound was annoying to me and I only had to be around it for maybe five minutes! I just have to wonder why these cashiers are forced to wear bells on their wrists. Aren't their jobs challenging enough? And especially during the holidays? Imagine loud, shaking bells on one of your wrists while you were typing or doing a task. How distracting. I would go crazy. People are going to shop Target the way they always do. Target is necessary to so many. What possible purpose do these bells serve? Too much. Can't let it go...yet.

1 comment:

  1. I agree; shopping is stressful enough for many people without additional noise. Can depend on your mood, but being forced to wear it doesn't add to the joy of the season.

    ReplyDelete