Wednesday, November 12, 2014

A Mile Long Cake Walk

Today was a mentor/mentee party at one of the schools that I visit. One of the main events happened to be a cupcake/twinkie walk. My little mentee girl friend must have walked around the circle 30 times before she landed a treat. She never once showed any signs of a bad attitude or of giving up. A few of her teachers have told me that they are still trying to figure out what she is all about. One believes that she is left alone for most of the afternoon when home from school. Once again, I realized just how blessed I was to have a Mom who was home for us when we needed her the most. And also a stable home life and routine. I never felt lost or lonely like my new, little friend seems to be sometimes. I seem to learn every day just how many kids are almost left to bring themselves up and how just because you have children, does not automatically make you a good parent. And also, "Bless the good and caring teachers of this world!" Hug a teacher, they do amazing work.

No comments:

Post a Comment