Thursday, October 30, 2014

"Mom, Why Do you Buy the Dill Seasoned Green Beans?"

We had a busy kitchen here tonight. My daughter was making buffalo chicken dip for 100 people, my son was helping me roast off some vegetables, Brody was picking up his barking signals from the new pup upstairs...and uh yes, he was barking back. This is sounding a little typical of a normal night around here. It is almost always never the same thing twice. Each of the three of us will share and bring up different, important daily happenings. So, after sharing my important event, (I met my new mentee...)and I ran into one of my son's old friends' Dads, (and he and I shared and reminisced) and then my son Mack blurts out, "Mom, why the dill seasoned green beans???" And like most of us Moms would say, I answered, "have you tried them??? they're delicious!" Oh well, he has always been like me...a little practical, yet picky. Then both kids were laughing and working out the dip project on their own. I said, "good talk" and drifted away. We're all working hard and that's all I care about! Just trying to keep the humor flowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment