Saturday, October 18, 2014

I "Ikea-ed" Yesterday.

I think it may have been a bad day to go to Ikea. Afterall, it was a friday and also "MEA" or whatever the newer name is. That being said, the place did not seem as pleasant as it used to be even despite the crowds of families with kids in tow. It wasn't as fresh as it was when it first opened. While waiting for Nurse Jen, I noticed that they have a First Aid office. At first, I thought it seemed odd. Jump ahead to our little lunch break and we noticed a woman being surrounded and given an oxygen mask. Then paramedics came too. This was a little unnerving and I guess the First Aid office IS necessary at their stores. I also noticed that there were not any staff roaming around to answer questions or to help out in the warehouse portion. So they must have injuries as shoppers are trying to reach the boxed up merchandise on the tall and intimidating shelves. I even saw a parent lift a 5 or so year old up to reach an item. Good grief. I did enjoy finding what I was looking for in the 50 % off and under section. The two nesting tables that I was hauling around in a box, were there already assembled and 30% off. Of course they had an "as is" sticker, but I'll be darned if I can find the defect! So, it still always pays to seek out the clearance section in any store. No assembly was required! It was a score and made the experience worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment