Tuesday, September 9, 2014

The Friend In Your Head May Have Said," Oh Grow Up!!!"

I'm sure that many of you have heard about Joan River's passing. She was a multi-talented performer. A world wide famous comedienne, stage and screen performer, mother and grand-mother, she was everywhere...and it seemed like she would be forever. I definately grew up watching the progression of her career. Very outspoken for a woman in her era. And I didn't think much about it. She was one of the 1st women who put herself out there in the early days of equality with regards to show-biz. We all stood up and listened to her. She was not without her struggles and triumphs. Like with any famous person, in this day in age, we hear SOOOO many details about a famous person's passing. I have often watched many a news type show that seems to have a pre-prepared story of one's life all ready to go. A veritable "This is Your Life." Times 1 million! She had quite an extraordinary life. She had shared this fact with in one of her many best selling books, exactly what she wanted for her life's celebratory send-off...funeral. I have heard through the media that hers was a grand and extravagant event. Her daughter went all out. Was it too much? Perhaps. (I did like the bag-pipes at the end though.) As it was, this event was for those that she left behind. Joan was already up there soaring! Of course, this has got me thinking to write it all down. What I would like for my own send off. But then again, just who is this send-off for? I think it's for those who are left behind and for all of their pieces of minds....this may be a bit confusing. Just go in peace and let your love flow. Feel blessed for what love you had in your life.

1 comment:

  1. Nice tribute and what a woman. She was funny but her humor was right on and she made her point. Everyone has their struggles for sure. Peace! and Love! Mom

    ReplyDelete