Saturday, September 20, 2014

I Witnessed My 1st major Traffic Crash Today.

I always thought that crashes were something that happened along either before or after I would have been to that particular spot. Well, I learned that I could guess again. There we were...waiting for a commonplace left hand turn and the flatbed truck that was in front of us pulled out to make his left...well all of a sudden a cab/type pickup truck came speeding right in front of the flat bed. Someone was running the red light. And fast! The light runner nicked the front bumper causing him to start flipping twice and then landing on all fours and slid well through the rushed traffic stop. I screamed out to my nurse Jen, "call 911 !!!" Well by then, there were many other eyewitnesses already upon the scene to do whatever they could to help. Once we saw that the the 3 victims had been pulled out to safety, we left. I was relieved to see that they appeared to be alright. Two adults and a young 4 or so year old child. THANK GOD it was not worse. It felt like we were on a movie set. Both of us shaken, we went about on our way with a teachable moment for our family and friends. The message is SLOW down, no running lights either.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Scary... where was that at?
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were turning left(south) onto 65 from 125th. Heading to Riverdale JCP! I have always hated 65. Necessary evil though.

      Delete