Friday, August 15, 2014

One A.M. Phone Call

My home care nursing service called me and woke me up at 130 a.m! My nurse answered and I clicked on the extension to listen in. The On call woman asked for me and to tell me that my day shift nurse was going to be late by about 3 hours. Usually, this type of small conflict does not bother me too much. And she's a new nurse for me, but when these little incidents start happening too close together, I get a little...shall we say GROUCHY??? As far as "Client and Patient wise" this summer, it has been a little difficult at times. The company that is going to supply me with my new chair batteries, is to be calling me soon. Believe me, we have been checking with them for 2 weeks now. In the meantime, I need to re-charge my chair and it's old batteries, not only over nite, but in the middle of the day too. And during these beautifully perfect Minnesota weather days, this can be challenging for me! Here is an example. I went to meet my daughter the other night at Slumberland. We were looking at beds. I looked at my chair controls to see that my charge level had dropped to the one hour left mode. I have a portable charger box that plugs into any outlet. I ended up plugged in to re-charge on Slumberland's front lawn! Under the flag pole. Then we crossed over to Joe's Crab Shack. There were 2 outlets in the entire "shack." The manager brought me an extension cord and I was able to plug in during dinner. These situations become so old, but of course necessary and then I try to move on to what's up next! I just have to be ready for anything! So if I seem like cranky pants, this is why! I've said it before, being disabled is not for sissies! Smile thru it.

1 comment:

  1. Smile and make them wonder what you've been up to takes Oma whole new meaning.

    ReplyDelete