Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Will Save A Doggy, Spiders...No

This past 80 degree something day, I came upon an old, red pick up truck in the back of a Walmart parking lot that had a little, barking dog in it. FRANTICALLY barking. The passenger side window was open about 3 inches and on the driver's side the older style triangle window was open. We all know how helpful those were for air flow. SO, my nurse Jen and I called police non-emergency. I was impressed as the officer came in about 5 minutes and wrote out a citation, then waited. It was another ten minutes. And this was after about 20 minutes that I had been in the area. A twenty something, frazzled woman came rushing out of the store with two youngish kids running behind her. I'm assuming the officer tracked her down and called her. A man also showed up and he appeared to have been contacted also. SHAME on the ones who choose to do stupid things! I mean, I'm on a ventilator and it gets stifling hot when I am in a car for 20 seconds. I really could have given them a piece of my mind, but I'm glad I held back. Ain't got no time for that.

1 comment:

  1. It's good you got involved...People should know better. I think people should just stop and think about what could happen. Yes! People and animals can die in hot vehicles! Take care..Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete