Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Sick of "The Plight of the Caregiver" Stories.

In the middle of the night, two nights ago, one of my overnight nurses who should have known basic things about me and my "case" didn't how to respond when my main breathing tube disconnected from my bedside vent. After struggling and trying to tell her, "tube, tube!!!" she kept looking at me blankly. I told her to get my daughter. Cal came in and for one thing turned on the light and saw the tube and pushed it back on. As soon as I could speak again, I told her she was fired. My daughter told her,"if I didn't have to work tomorrow, you would be leaving right now!" Yes, she will not be returning. It is yet another case of me trying to give this woman a chance to become better by me trying to train and coach her. My case manager is visiting me with a regional director tomorrow. I will try to emphasize that their care giving company needs to implement better screening procedures. Yet another story to tell. I'm not sure why we have to continue to face these "challenges," but we do. My life has become a series of trying to "get over it" and move on stories. On to the next one! Meanwhile, I get tired of hearing about how stressful it is for care givers. The "patients" have been named "patient" for a reason!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for allowing me to share the good, the bad and the ugly. It is never my intent to share too much of the awful. Just keeping it honest. Thanks. Colleen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy that is scary love you sista!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just crazy!! They should be qualified to do the job!!! Sooo glad you are ok!! :)

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete