Thursday, July 24, 2014

Some Good Things Too

There have been several happy days lately for me too. I should almost re-name my blog, "the good, the bad and the ugly." One of the good things is I was able to participate in the Como Park Neighborhood Art Fair a couple weeks back. It was a perfect weather day and my whole family showed up off and on thru the day to hang out me and support me. I had a lot of paintings and they were marked low and ready to go. I got a lot of nice feedback from people, but the best sale of the day was to a young girl who was visiting from Belfast Ireland. She was studying the designs for several minutes and finally picked one. She walked away, came back and asked me to sign it. My brother then told me, "wow, your art is going to be in Ireland!" Pretty exciting! I've also been enjoying the weather and my kids. We have been cooking out a lot in our "backyard" which is a nice area behind our apartment building. Without sounding prejudiced, I sometimes refer to us as "barbecuing rednecks." You would be surprised at how innovative we can get with a little, 12 inch grill! My son is the amazing griller. He will wrap up broccoli, peppers and anything that we happen to have in the freezer. Mack is turning 19 next week and we will be doing what else? cooking out! So, life is good too. Had to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment