Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Just Call Me Martha

Counting today, I have been told 3 times that I look like the always glamorous and amorous Martha Stewart. Once the person tells me this, they say something like, "well, Martha is a beautiful woman!" as if I am disputing the fact. Usually just a little taken a back. Yet, I'll take it. After all, despite her good looks, she is a good baker, speaker, crafter. Yes, I'll take it. How is everyone else doing with their summers so far? I am in the throws of beginning the process of ordering and getting a new wheelchair approved. I am also still getting used to our new apartment. We are trying to sneak in some family fun when we can. Last week we went to our old neighborhood for a birthday garage party and I don't remember laughing that hard since I don't know when. How lucky are we to have years ago, fallen into this neighborhood of the best people? It's been wonderful to be able to go back once in awhile to celebrate the good parts of our past lives.

2 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention your paintings...another Martha thing you are good at and yes, you have a marvelous group of girlfriends. They are the best at having fun. Oh, and congrats to Elizabeth Ries. Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we are lucky to have had you in our neighborhood!!! Wish you were still here with us!! You are one of the best people I know and we are thankful for having you in our lives!!

    Cheryl :)

    ReplyDelete