Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The Daddy Dude With Bugspray

Have you ever had a stranger spray you with mosquito repellent? Yesterday afternoon, I was headed back into my trail and came upon a young Dad and his two young sons. One was pointing at my chair so I stopped for a second to ask about the trail condition up ahead and how the flooding was. "Daddy" said he hadn't been up that far, but that the mosquitoes were really bad. Then he started spraying my feet with the thick, liquid type spray and before I could stop him he was saturating my arms with the stuff! Maybe he was just deep in daddy mode? I thanked him because I still have a lot of "Mrs. Nice" in me and strolled on thinking how it was kind of him and invasive all at the same time! Minnesota bugs, bringing people together!

2 comments:

  1. It makes me wonder too...why he would just start to spray you without first asking? Was he a little too helpful? Oh well, maybe just being nice. thanks, Colleen...Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete