Friday, April 4, 2014

Wheeled On Over To The Wheelchair Pageant This Week

It was enjoyable to attend and not be nervous about competing. I went to support Anna J. Hinkle who is a wheelchair athlete enthusiast and facebook friend. We have been in touch a bit over the past year. The winner this year is Kelsey Peterson, who has spearheaded classes for the disabled. She suffered a spinal cord injury in July of 2012, leaving her a C6 quadriplegic. She has very good public speaking skills and I really enjoyed her. All 4 of the women were very qualified, but she had that certain spark and was really connecting with the small but enthusiastic crowd. I'm looking forward to the coming year and possibly doing something to help the organization out on a voluntary basis.

1 comment:

  1. I think you have made an impression on all of the contestants. I'm glad that you were able to be there for them. I still think you should have won the title when you were a contestant. Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete