Sunday, March 30, 2014

Bigotry Is Alive And Well In Lino Lakes, Minnesota

I just can't seem to get over the fact that so many of my "educated" nurses are so closed minded. And no, I'm not exaggerating. One nurse told me that she "can't watch or tolerate dwarfs." Really? We happened to have been comparing reality shows. I am going to keep this post short, but within the last year, there have been several other statements made to me about various groups. These are actual quotes, "he's handsome for a black man don't you think?" "he's pretty good looking for a little person." It is very awkward and I find myself wondering how people can share passionate opinions in front of people that they work for or with. Don't they know from working with me that I am all for human equality? And I accept others for who they are and not what they appear to be? I was up half the night last night being so perplexed. Wish me peace and I will do the same for you!

1 comment:

  1. I think some people are just plain ignorant! They don't even know that they are. That is what is wrong with our country, ignorance...I could go on and on but should not. Thank you for your intelligence and i hope more people get it.

    ReplyDelete