Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Funerals Make you Think

Well, they make me think. I went to an old neighbor friend's memorial service yesterday. I sat there thinking about a lot of different things. Like; what do I want in my memorial service, how was everyone else handling the death of their friend or family member, how long had he been friends with all of these people paying their respects? When was the last time he spoke with him or her? How did they meet? What must his parents have been like? There was a lot going on in my brain. My Mom and I both happened to notice a mail delivery woman sitting by herself and keeping to herself. We both assumed that she was his mail carrier.And impressed that his mail carrier knew him that well to attend his memorial. That's a special kind of friendly man! He has left quite a mark on his daughters too. They are kind, sweet and special. Their Mom is a great friend of mine. These 3 women showed warmth and compassion and friendliness to all who were in attendance. They are all the best people just like he was. You will be missed Dan.

No comments:

Post a Comment