Tuesday, October 8, 2013

If I Could Speak To Bill Cosby

I wish I could thank Mr. Bill Cosby for helping me get through the night last night. It was my new, male nurse's 1st overnight shift. I had been anticipating it for a couple of weeks. It just happened to be one of those nights. My son was not at home and the feeling of uneasiness was settling in. Once my mind starts wandering and conjuring up crazy scenarios, it just won't stop. I often think I could rival the horror writer Stephen King! I can never sleep when I have a new nurse. When this happens, I can escape by watching sitcoms. (situation comedies) Twelve years ago, during one of my long, hospital stays, it was the Roseanne sitcom that was my escape. There's something about a funny household with it's familiarity I guess is what I relate to. Also on in the middle of the night, it was my safe retreat for my mind to wander into. The Cosby show seems to still hold true to our times. Most of the themes about the child rearing and sibling relations still holds up. So, Bill Cosby, you are a masterful comedian and I will always be grateful to you and your amazing talents. Just thought you should know! p.s. I have every confidence that I will get more used to my new nurse Johnny with each upcoming shift. He is very kind and determined!

No comments:

Post a Comment