Tuesday, April 25, 2017

It was a Sunday fun day.

Now that my favorite time of year is here, I have been pushing myself out again. And doing more fun things. This past sunday, we went to a little theatre in North Minneapolis for a legends series show. The show was in the Capri theatre and they raise funds for kids to do theatre in local schools. The performer was Erin Schwab who created her own show which was called "Judy! You Bette!" I have enjoyed following her around for over a year now. She is just so funny and an awesome singer! She started out with several Judy Garland songs. Of course my favorite was, "Somewhere over the Rainbow." and "I don't care..." she also told some stories and fun facts about Judy and how she wasn't able to tie Judy and Bette together. Then onto Bette Midler. Jason Matheson(local radio and tv personality) has nick named Erin Schwab the "Bette Midler of the Twin Cities." And she really lives up to this comparison. When Erin does Midler songs, you sit up and take it all in. Wow, it was an electric performance. I came home and listened to Bette Midler songs for two hours. I can't imagine remembering all of the words to her songs. It's pretty crazy. Beforehand we came upon a tiny, pizza place called Element Woodfire Pizza. Since it was a gorgeous day we were able to help them break in their brand new patio. Great food and staff and I hope to make it back again this summer. Well, hopefully more fun things to review soon. My next big event will be when I visit Prince's Paisley Park on Mother's Day weekend. And I can't wait...thanks for staying in touch with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment