Sunday, August 14, 2016

Frollicking at the Festival.

Nothing beats the annual St. Joseph of the Lakes Festival weekend. My parents and myself have been making it a tradition for many, many years. It is the parish's largest fundraiser. And while the world around us is seemingly more crazy and stressful by the minute, I find peace and fun times at the outdoor church festivities. I used to live right across the street so old neighbors and close friends are so sweet to run into. This may be reaching just a bit, but it is kind of like a small town Mayberry or Blue Bell feel. I ran into both old and new friends alike. It was a real boost in spirits for me. Today was especially fun as I ran into my old and dear friend Becky and her sweet husband and beautiful and energetic children. She and I met years ago when my own two kids were little. We had a little support group called Club MD. (for muscular dystrophy) A little off track, but she told me about a former member of our group who is struggling with declining health. He is suffering with chronic respiratory failure and will not prolong his life with a fulltime respirator(vent. like I have) and it makes me feel very sad because I still have a great quality of life! So there will be highs and some lows in the church vicinity, but that's what life is all about I guess. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment