Monday, June 27, 2016

So this happened.

There was a gathering happening at my sister Susan and my brother in law's house yesterday. Both of their daughters have graduated. One from college and one from high school. The party was also celebrating summer birthdays and summer anniversaries and both sides of their family were gathering. While folks were arriving, I stopped and thought, "hmmm, my parents aren't here yet, that's strange for them." And it was only a few minutes later that I was told my other sister (the baby sis), her husband and my parents had been rear ended in the little sports car convertible they were in at a red, left turn stoplight. Everyone was ok and we found out it was a 17 year old young man in a very large pick up truck. His statement was "I blinked." It became a tough scene when the young man didn't want to hand over I.D. or insurance info. His mother was called and also the Sheriff came and got things squared away. We were all so relieved when our crash victims finally arrived at the party. All were obviously shaken and we were all so relieved that there were no injuries or worse! My Mom couldn't believe the loud blast from the impact and what a shock it was. I mean there they were enjoying a special ride in a snazzy little sports car on a beautiful summer day and out of the blue, BAM! God blessed us all yesterday and we are grateful. The party continued on with renewed love and togetherness. Thank you Susan and Ern, Maddie and Meghan for yet another wonderful party. Another reminder that lives can change or even worse END in a matter of a split second. I am taking on my day being so grateful. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment