Thursday, April 14, 2016

Awesome Field Trip

I had a wide open day today and Nurse Jen suggested Silverwood Park which is near her home in Columbia Heights. We loaded up the pup and headed over. I had been by it several times but didn't expect it to be quite as new and modern as it was. There are accessible docks! I rolled to the end of a floating one and it was just so refreshing to be out a little ways on the sparkling water! On this particular dock, there were no guard rails, so Jen freaked out and I had to back up very slowly. Adrenaline rush for me, her, not so much! I will definitely go back to be near the water. It's very rare to find such a park with so much accessibility. Then we stopped at Mike's Discount Foods in friendly Fridley. I'm sure I will go back there also as they have really low prices on certain produce like $1.29 for a 5 pound bag of green giant potatoes and an assortment pack of mini bell peppers for $1.49. I can tell it may be a hit or miss type of grocery store, but it was just fun to be somewhere new. Here's to a lively springtime and checking out new places! I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment