Thursday, May 7, 2015

Did I Miss Something?

I went into school today for my regular visit with G. and initially, I was nervous to see her. When she came to me, I told her that "I had heard she had a bad day yesterday and could I have a hug? " She seemed quiet and shy, but after just a few moments, we were off to the races! I didn't want to ask her any questions about the day before. I was determined to make it all about fun today. We played a game, she ate the snack that I had brought her, we talked about the teeth she was going to have filled later in the day...(as she was eating and drinking the sugary treats that I had brought her) uh oh. Then we ran around outside and also managed to visit the library to play school. It was fun to see her act the part of the teacher. She had a stearn expression and then a smile on her face. Not surprisingly, she knew just how to portray one of her teachers. I was quite relieved to see her smiling and laughing. I'm glad that I missed the stormy episode yesterday and hope for many more smooth sailing days ahead for her AND her teachers. And for me too. I still can't handle too much conflict. I need ponies and rainbows!

No comments:

Post a Comment