Friday, February 13, 2015

Fabuloso!

It has been quite a great build up to my fifty-second birthday! It started last saturday night with an awesome country concert at Mill City Nights in downtown Minneapolis. The main performer was Eric Paslay and my daughter had actually met him a couple of years earlier. He is an up and coming singer/songwriter with a lot of swinging hits. The accessible seating at this venue happened to be right above the stage, so needless to say, we had a blast. Both of us ended up with his personalized guitar picks! Then a few days after that show, I was invited by my youngest sis. to go see John Mellencamp at the newly renovated Northrup Auditorium at the U of Mn. It has always been a nice place to see a show, but with the 2 year renovation of the space, it is even better. The acoustics were like listening with your own headphones. We saw him several years ago and he is just as great a performer as he ever was. The man has been around a long time and still has this swagger and charisma. It was so fun. And then last night I went to an impromptu dinner at our new favorite local Mexican restaurant with some of my family. And the title of this post is called "Fabuloso" because that is the name of the cleaner that the staff uses there. They wipe down entire booths with the stuff and the smell is unmistakable and really overpowering. It can be a little overwhelming. Like the gas station bathroom smell times 500! Alas, if you want the authentic, Mexican delish-is-ness, you need to endure a little Fabuloso I guess. So now I look ahead to my Mom and Dad's this weekend for a birthday brunch (also Fabulous) and a girl's night Bachelor viewing and pizza party on my actual day. Life is good and I am feeling soooo fortunate and blessed with all the love that I can handle! Peace.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Way to whoop it up!!!
    Looking forward to Monday!!
    Birthday AND Bachelor!?
    I better bring extra wine!!
    Till then...
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can smell it lol! Love you sis 😘😍

    ReplyDelete