Tuesday, April 22, 2014

All Those Hard Times, Help You Celebrate The Good Ones

I am feeling like me and my kids are almost like a modern day "Waltons." We are in a small, but efficient 2 bedroom at the moment and honestly couldn't be much happier. We have a more the merrier attitude and our door is always open. And we make due with what we have and I have witnessed something very special. My kids bonding with each other in their early adulthoods. Tonight, we have one of Cal's best friends and one of Mack's. And at 9pm, one of my nurses that has been with me for a long time. Oh and don't forget the pup. He evens out the group and keeps things even livelier. Just like when I grew up in a small home where there were seven of us and not a lot of extras or luxuries, we don't even miss them...much. Soon, I will hear about a 3 bedroom. Yes, we will move and be even more thankful. It's right for us now. I feel so lucky to be with them at this moment in time. There is something to be said for families living together. Like in the Walton days where the Grandparents were there to help, I feel blessed to be living and happily living with my kids. Life is happening!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like everyone is having fun!!! Our kids are the best thing that ever happened to us!! :) Also very thankful!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a wise woman. There is nothing like love in a family. I'm so lucky to experience that! Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete