Saturday, March 8, 2014

Still Kickin'

Due to an awesome Spring thawing, I have been getting out more and more. There isn't the panic to race back home to hibernate! I have been able to go to a couple of new and fun places for me. Last week, the 1st place was Hell's Kitchen in Downtown Minneapolis. We were celebrating my brother in law Nick's 40th. Wonderful food and quirky atmosphere. And yesterday we 1st had lunch with most of my family for my sister Susan's birthday. This was a more familiar place for us. D'Amico and Sons in Roseville is a unique place. I likened it to an Italian Diner type place. Nostalgic family photos. on the walls, authentic Italian flavors and music. Happy Birthday Suze! Then lastly, in the evening we met at a newer place in the Loop area of Minneapolis at a brewery/restaurant called The Freehouse. Beieve me, not "free." Here, I enjoyed what they refer to as brew #2. And of course we had to pretend that we were undercover food critics. The waitress wondered where the camera was. i had told her that we were having cheese curds to compare with the ones at last week's restaurant. The cheese curds and Asian inspired wings were very enjoyable! It was really funny when my friend Cheryl, (Hi Cheryl!) came in and asked the waitress what kind of bottled beer thay had! I said, "we're in a brewery!)for Pete's sake. She settled on a lighter brewski. The #1. Got a kick out of that. Hey! The woman knows what she likes! Anyways, just wanted to let you all know that I am great, alive and kickin! Enjoying food and friends and a few beers.

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! Have fun! Don't stay idle and keep on keeping on. Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete