Sunday, October 13, 2013

Nordeast Minneapolis Is The Place To Be

I love going out and trying new places. Last night, it was an old place, but a newly remodeled place. A bar/restaurant called Stanley's down on University and Lowry in Northeast Minneapolis. A neighborhood joint for young and old alike. I had wanted to try another old joint called Dusty's, but when we got there, found out that it was not wheelchair accessible in the entrances. (of course, I had to check out the back door too) I can only imagine what accessibility issues they have on the inside of the old structure. So, little sis. had another place to try. It was another, similar, older structure that she said they had re-modeled and brought back to life. Stanley's is the name of the place/Joint. With an attached parking lot, it was set up really nice. Two great handicapped designated parking spots that were very close to the gorgeous ramp leading inside. When there is a nicely done ramp, I always feel welcomed and like I belong! Once inside, a somewhat attractive guy said, I like your skirt!" He then said he meant "scarf!" and then said, "did I say skirt?" Don't remember what I said. "oh, thanks, I do too!" Then we found a great table with a good view for people watching. An older man stopped by our table and asked me something about am I allowed to drink and drive? HA HA HA!!!!!!!!! LIke I've never heard that one before. Then I said something kind of cheeky for me, "yes and don't piss me off or I'll run into to you!" He laughed, we all laughed. I think I would rather have people come up and talk even if they look a little bit brash doing so. The place had kind of loud music playing, but we enjoyed it for a change! And the food and dinks were delicious and an attentive and friendly waiter. We will go back. I feel like I should try and explore more places down there and continue checking out their accessibility. We go early and leave early. Then we ran her dogs and hung out for a bit at her house. Getting increasingly colder here in Minnesota, so I like to be outside as much as possible. Make it a great day! I'll do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment