Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Total Stranger

Well, not a total stranger. A bit far fetched. Anyways, she's not a stranger anymore. We had an instant connection.

Stopped into school yesterday and found out that one of my son's friends' Moms was looking for me, to meet me. It turns out, she works as a para (teacher's aide) in one of the Kindergarden classes. So, we set out to find her. I was told her name, but nothing other than that. I was kind of embarrassed that I didn't recognize the last name. I'm doing well if I can remember all of the 1st names of my kids' friends. Anyways, we found each other. She knew from my wheelchair that it must be me. We hit it off right away and talked about the boys and their friendship etc. her son is a newer friend of Mack's and I really like him a lot. He is an artist and wants to be a graphic designer or a history teacher. He works with kids in his church during vacation bible school. Just a happy and positive kid. So polite and talkative. I couldn't help but notice that his mother was a little bit older. When I asked her if she had other children, she said "no, Nate is our miracle child." They had been married for17 years, before she had Nate. When he talks about his Mom and she him, I can feel how incredibly close they are. She spoke very sweetly about Mack too. Just one large, juicy love fest! There is no greater gift to me than to get a compliment about one of my kids. Maybe because they're few and far between...no, just kidding. I've actually had a handful of them lately and right now, praise is the best thing going in my life! It fills me up. Special thanks to the supporters of me and my family. Love, Colleen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment