Monday, January 4, 2016

Chicago is a toddlin' town!

I had a most excellent Christmas and New Year's! Especially New Year's. I went on a fun road trip for the 1st time in a very long time. Now that I have a reliable mini van, I hope to do this more often! Our destination was Chicago, Illinois. It was me, my daughter, son and Nurse Jen. I enjoyed all aspects of it. I had been there once before back in the 90's to visit the Oprah Show. (as an audience member) This was different because I was with my kids and there were no definite plans and we could just run around and do what we wanted. The most fun for me was being in a piano bar with my daughter on the first night. We happened upon it as it was just downstairs in the hotel we stayed at. It is a local hangout where people get up and sing and the piano man plays for them. There was a diverse little crowd and the people watching was the best. We stayed at the Hotel Felix which is a classy and totally "green" Hotel made entirely of sustainable, recycled materials. We were located in a good location and ran between restaurants at night. The fact that it was New Year's attracted a lot of crowds, traffic and HORNS! The horns and celebrating were going on until 3 a.m on New Year's Eve. We were all quite exhausted when we got home, but I was so happy for the time with my kids. It was such a unique experience for me to be able to travel with my young adult children and start the year off right! Glad they want to do more of it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment