Thursday, December 3, 2015

How do you see yourself?

This is an easy question for me. I see myself as a good person. I am happy most every day. I can have fun anywhere I go. I make it fun. I push through the bad because that "this too shall pass" if it's bad. I see myself as very normal. I'm probably a lot like you! So when I'm cruising through my day, getting things done, reaching my small, daily goals that I set for myself each day and one of my caregivers tells me, "oh wait a minute, I'm CHARTING," I always tense up a little bit and realize that they are talking about me, the one who is in her mindset of being just like any other woman who is living her life to the fullest and enjoying her life too! I hate to know that my helpers are "charting" me and practically my every move. I am 52 years old for Pete's sake. Here's an example. A few weeks back, my friends came over and we enjoyed one of frequent dinner get togethers. Everyone brings something. I happened to mention to my visiting CASE Worker(yes, I'm a case) that they had brought all of these delicious things and a big bottle of wine too. Right away she says, "oh that reminds me, I need to update your Dr.'s order stating how much you can drink." Early in my "patienthood" this came up before. I remember telling my Dr. of 23 years that I had to have a signed order in my chart. And her reaction was pretty funny. "You're a grown woman!" Yes, but I'm still a patient in the nursing world. I can usually deal fine with this, but then I hear the "I need to finish my charting" and I feel like I am being pushed off a tightrope! Well! That's it for today so far, PEACE to you and may you have continued health and happiness and I will hope for the same!

2 comments:

  1. Yes you are right, however some people just don't get it. Just keep on keeping on! You are my inspiration. LOVE MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remind me to hide the wine next visit!
    You are MY inspiration also Girlfriend!!!!
    I always say "everything in moderation"
    XOXOXO
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete