Saturday, September 12, 2015

Never Judge A Book By It's Cover, But DO Judge A Restaurant!

Last week, I thought it would be nice if my son and I would take a break from cooking and treat ourselves to some Kahn's Mongolian Barbecue. Once we finally conquered the rush hour follies, we parked and I went around to the side of the building to check out their terrace seating because it was a gorgeous evening. Well, I couldn't see much except for 2 of the staff using it for their own private smoke break patio. When I turned around and started for the front door, I noticed overgrown shrubbery, chipped paint and rotting eaves and trim everywhere. I didn't have a good feeling, but we were of course going to eat there. The entry way was disgusting with dirt, webs, crushed leaves and more dirt! The dining room was fine, much more wide open than their Roseville restaurant, but the manager who seated us had negative 10 personality, not a single crack of a smile or good vibe whatsoever. Then we went up to the food line. The ingredients seemed fine, but once stir fried, sizzled down to nothing. I couldn't see the shrimp because they were so...shrimpy! Then came the check. For 3 of us, it was $57.95! And the guys had Coke, and I had a water! I told my son we could have FEASTED at home for this price. And it would have been clean! SO, if you don't like what you see on the outside, confucious say, you won't like it on the inside! (most times anyway) I so wish it didn't have to be this way but Diners beware.

No comments:

Post a Comment