Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Pasta fagioli and channeling my Grandma Irene.

I just made a hearty soup reminiscent of a batch that my Grandma would make for my travelling and hungry family. I do what she did. I use the freezer, fridge and cupboard clean out method. I happened to have been one of the few of my brothers and sisters who would enjoy this said batch of soup. There was one time when she announced it as Pasta Fagioli(Fazool). I can't even remember exactly what was in it exactly. And once I told her good it was, she would make different versions of the soup and it always had a new taste. I've always enjoyed cooking so I looked forward to seeing what she would come up with. And unlike my sibs., I was never afraid to try the soup of the day! So while making my healthy soup today, I felt so close to Grandma and my sibs. too. I wanted to get this memory out there for them. (And my parents too) Remember Campbell's slogan, "soup is good food." My Mom and Grandma's middle daughter often tells us that when she got Campbell's Chicken Noodle in a can, it was a real treat for them! No bones I suppose. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment