Monday, February 13, 2012

My Apologies To Marge

While watching the 1st performance at the Grammy's last night, I couldn't help but think of my old, college roommate of 3 years, Marge. The 1st performer was the Boss, Bruce Springsteen. Bruce was really becoming popular back in the early 80's and was Marge's all time favorite. Not so much mine and I wasn't afraid to remind her of this. He was so rough and tough looking and gritty. Thought his music was basic. She thought I was crazy and vice versa!  Of course, I was more into the 80's pop. stars like: The Cars, Duran Duran, Thompson Twins anyone? Flock of Seagulls? Cyndi Lauper? The funny thing is now I really do like Bruce and his patriotic themed music. The song last night was "We Take Care of our Own..." I had to chuckle to myself how he has withstood the test of time. When is the last time you saw the Thompson Twins perform? Bruce has still got it. His classic video "Dancing In The Dark" was filmed here in Minneapolis back in '83 I think. It is the one where he pulls a girl out of the front row to come up on stage to dance with him. It turns out the girl was planted in the audience...an actress who would become the famous Courtney Cox Arquette. Sharing this because Marge was actually at that concert. She was so excited to be at a show that was going to be a video. Remember back then, videos were pretty much brand new.
ANYWAYS, this is a shout out to Marge. We have seen each other a couple of times over the last twenty years, but like a lot of old friends, we have lost touch. Will always love her!

Yesterday, I went out to lunch with my Mom, sisters, 2 nieces and we had a really happy time. It was to kick off my birthday week! I don't like being the center of attention on my b-day, but this year I am going into it with a more accepting the LOVE attitude. I am really grateful to have so many people care about me and want to make me happy on my birthday. So, I'm going to celebrate again on thursday and saturday and again next thursday. Really? Yes,  It's sure to end my winter doldrums. Love you all, Colleen.

No comments:

Post a Comment